Messick Farm off Oberlin Road
The Messick Farmhouse was built circa 1820 and was a two-story brick & limestone farmhouse which was located at 1351 Oberlin Road on a little over 3 acres. The property was part of the original Messick Farms purchased by J. Stover and Sallie Messick in the early 1930s.
In 1998, George M. and Patty L. Kuharic (Messick's granddaughter) completely renovated the home keeping only the brick shell.
Sadly, the farmhouse and barn were sold and torn down to build the Catherine Hershey School for Early Childhood Learning in the fall of 2023.
Photos by Nancy Avolese