The Alleman House
The Alleman House, named for Conrad and Margaret Alleman, was built in 1788.
The Allemans emigrated from Rhineland in 1753, and were issued a PA Land Grant on March 5, 1791, for “Old Reliance Farm”. The farmstead was also home to Revolutionary War Patriot Johann Conrad Alleman (1738-1790). From 1788 to 1978 several generations of Allemans owned and occupied the home.
The Alleman house is on the National Historic Registry as a significant example of 18th century German vernacular architecture and incorporates English Georgian style elements. German features include a date stone, a German roof truss, vaulted wine cellar, and Moravian style locks. Georgian features include a center hall, double pile floor plan (two rooms deep) and exterior sandstone and granite archways.
In 1998, John and Karen Cockley Michtich purchased the home and surrounding three (3) acres. They continue to restore the home and had it listed on the National Registry.
The Alleman House is located at 1412 Farmhouse Lane in Old Reliance Development.